Every year (except 1) since 2005, I’ve been blogging every day during advent on a topic that’s something to do with dance, music, and in one case, IT. Here you can see those calendars as a page of links.
- Advent 2005 – the first one, where I pay tribute to the people who taught me to play for class
- Advent 2006 – a follow up to 2005: the music that I associate with those people and why
- Advent 2007 – Studio series 4 (a CD of ballet class music I made) – the pianist’s commentary
- Advent 2008 – Anecdotes from a life behind a ballet-piano.
- Advent 2009 – Musical surprises in the ballet repertoire – my personal favourite
- Advent 2010 – A year off.
- Advent 2011– My top IT tips for everyday computer users
- Advent 2012 – Playing for ballet class, tips for pianists
- Advent 2013 – Christmas Carols for Ballet Class (free music downloads)
- Advent 2014 – Confessions of an anxious ballet pianist
- A year of Ballet Playing Cards: not advent, but a year’s project starting in January 2015
Not advent, but lists all the same
- 100 (32!) tips for working with ballet pianists (for dance teachers)
- Interesting musical things about The Nutcracker
- 30 days without a supermarket – one of my favourite challenges
- Multi-tasking – why thinking that you or others can do it is bad for the world
- Metre and rhythm: links to posts on these topics. This is also now the page you’ll get to if you try and get to my old pages about these topics on my previous site.